Friday 22 June 2018
As part of our after-care package for all of our customers, we offer a free one year service with all of our air conditioning installations, whether residential or commercial. Air conditioner maintenance is key to making sure your system performs well and lasts for years.
Professional air conditioner servicing isn’t cheap, and many people choose to save their money by performing maintenance tasks themselves. By checking over your AC system every year, you will keep it performing at optimum levels and promote its longevity. Follow our step by step guide to servicing in order to stay cool all summer long. It really isn’t that difficult once you know what you’re doing!
In order to service your air conditioning unit yourself, you will need:
· Dust brush
· Vacuum cleaner
· Fan motor oil if necessary (this is specified by the manufacturer)
Air conditioner maintenance is a completely straightforward process. Just follow these simple steps to look after your air conditioning system and promote its long term performance.
1. Switch the power off. Follow the instructions given by the manufacturer or the air conditioning installer to switch the unit off from the mains.
2. Remove the cover. Take the cover off and dust off any excess debris. Next, plug in the vacuum cleaner and clean up the rest.
3. Clean the filter. Remove the filter and inspect it. If it appears damaged in any way, it will need replacing. However, most filters will just need a good clean with a damp cloth. This is one of the most important tasks in air conditioner servicing. Failure to do this may result in the growth of bacteria and fungi, which should not be inhaled. Keep your filter clean for optimum air quality, and make sure it is completely dry before re-inserting it in the unit.
4. Disinfect the coil. While the filter is drying, spray specialist evaporator coil disinfectant evenly across the top of the coil.
5. Reinsert the filter. Once the filter is completely dry, out it back in situ. At this point, check for any strange vibrations and call your installer if anything doesn’t look or sound right.
6. Enjoy cleaner air! Now that you have serviced your air conditioning unit, you can be confident that your air quality is improved and that you have enhanced the life expectancy of your system.
Air conditioning units are installed to help combat a range of health issues. To make sure your system stays as clean as it was when it was first installed, make sure you clean it at least once a year. This will save you on paying for a service as well and will enhance the performance and longevity of the machine.
If all the above sounds like too much hassle, or if you would rather have the peace of mind of a professional service, then iClimate are on hand. Our engineers are all experts in their field and are qualified over all the latest technologies and brands. All our field staff are also F-Gas certified and work according to F-GAS ODS. Just give us a call and we will arrange a time to come out and perform a service.
Performing some basic air conditioner maintenance yourself is a great step towards promoting the lifetime of your system, but we would always recommend a professional service. Not only are our team of engineers experts in their field, but they can also spot potential faults before they have fully developed. Ultimately, this saves you money by avoiding a full scale breakdown in the system. It’s all part of the iClimate service.
When it comes to maintaining your air conditioning system, we offer a whole host of options and packages that can be tailor made in line with your unique requirements and your budget. From 24 hour breakdown cover for your critical sites, to planned preventive maintenance schedules, you can rest assured that help is never far away, whenever you need it. Our skilled and experienced team is always on hand to provide the expert advice and immediate help you need, day or night.
If you would like to speak to us about getting your unit serviced, just drop us a line or give us a call. Whether or not it was iClimate who installed your system, we would be more than happy to help.
020 3198 1101